My Next Project

This banner is for another blog.


Lately I've been taking a lot of photos of what I eat. And finally I thought to myself, "I need a place to post my shots for the whole world's viewing." But the main thing was that I didn't want it to be a social network since I'm slowly leaving the social networking picture. Facebook is no longer in my brain. And  Twitter is next on the list. Also Instagram is still a social network no matter what you say. So a brilliant idea popped into my head. I have a YouTube channel called NextGen Windows, so to begin making my brand NG (NextGen), I have finally decided on making a food photography blog. Where I'll start off taking photos with everyone's most convenient item that they take everywhere. Their phone. Then later I'll upgrade to a full fledged DSLR camera.

So without further a-do I am pleased to announce NextGen Foodtography. Sometimes you might see it written as NextGenFoodtography, or NGF. But they are all essentially the same thing. Only an abbreviated form or lazily non-spaced.

What I want to do with this blog is to make it so that anyone can share their food photos. Not as a social network, but almost as an organized forum. But more on that in the future. For now, the design and the photos need to be created and edited.


Comments

  1. This is a timely post: I just read an article, I think it was in the Washington Post, about how restaurants are getting mad at people who are Instagramming photos of their dinner plates. I guess the flash is disturbing other diners! (I think it's the fact that half-eaten food is unappetizing and probably gives the restaurants a bad name...

    This blog post was fairly contextually different than post 1. What will be your overall thematic topic this semester? And one note: provide a link to that foodblogger's photo (and a credit line). It'd be nice to show readers where you're obtaining content on the web.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found out myself that flash not only ruins the shot, but even hurts my eyes when people use it so I opted out of using flash in my photos. I only use the light of the room or the sun to take the shots. And I know exactly what the Washington Post means by that, which is why never take shots of "half-eaten" food. Only of the plate as soon as it has been served or created.

    But I want to specify to you that only the posts from January 23rd and newer would be part of the class because some are all over the place as "blog topic" goes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Outcast

Be A Legend

The Non-Believer